Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Where To Start, Where. To. Start.

I wasn't Quite Sure where to start (as the title implies), So i figured that I would give you a little bit of my background.

I began being really interested in the culinary profession when i started watching the old Japanese version of Iron Chef. It was ridiculously dramatic and over the top, but at the core of it, there were some astounding chefs with amazing abilities. I began looking into possibilities for a culinary education.

I decided to attend a culinary class in high school to get my feet wet. this was one of the best decisions I ever made. I was taught a lot of things about the cooking industry by Chef Instructor Kevin Blaylock (now a certified executive chef), and instructor Tony Poplin, who taught me a lot about life in general, and is still a good friend of mine.

I really excelled in the program there and graduated high school with a huge cooking scholarship and several other awards under my belt.

My first choice of college was the Culinary Institute of America, however, being limited to washington state by my scholarship, and the fact that I was Freaking poor, I chose to apply grants to the Art Institute of Seattle's cooking program (Still expensive, but local, and it was compatible with my scholarships). I also Just finished interning at Rover's Restaurant, probably one of the nicest restaurants in seattle, if not america.

Currently, I am finishing up my last quarter of school and am working as a line cook at BlueAcre Seafood, an upscale restaurant in downtown seattle. I am really liking it there, and am learning a lot from the chef, but I still want more. In posts to come, I will share with you some of the things i have done, am doing, and want to do.

Thanks for reading, and stay tuned

-Tim

1 comment:

  1. also, Check out the archives on the middle right of the screen for older posts.

    ReplyDelete